Sunday, January 20, 2008

serious sidetrack

It is going to be a bit before I can get back working on the VW. The washer machine overflowed and our hall way, master bedroom, and one of the spare bedrooms had a significant amount of water standing when I got home after work on Thursday afternoon. After getting a lot of the water off the of the carpet with the help of a heavy duty shop vac, it was evident that we were still going to have problems with the carpet. My wife and I took a bunch of measurements on Friday evening and figured that it would be best that we go ahead and do new flooring through the house. This is not something that either of us had planned on doing any time soon but if I am going to have the inconvenience of replacing flooring in part of the house, we might as well get the rest of the house taken care of as well.

For the time being this site is going from my-ugly-vedub to my-new-floor. Kind of off topic but I just want everyone to know that I am not slacking on the car, something bigger has come up and I need to dedicate all my time to getting this done.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the indoor tidal wave. That sucks! I hope everything works out OK. Don't work yourself too hard...you need to save some energy to get that Beetle finished up :)